Jakarta RACE (Run Against Cancer Everyone), 24 Aug'08

'IF YOU SAY IT CAN'T BE DONE, YOU ARE RIGHT, YOU CAN'T DO IT'

Dear friends,

As some of you might know, Yayasan KankerIndonesia or Indonesian Cancer Foundation (ICF) and Four Seasons are having their annual RACE next month (24 Aug 2008) which benefits go toCancer Education and Prevention.
A brief summary about The Indonesian Cancer Foundation (http://www.kankerindo.org/): it was founded in Jakarta on 17 April 1977 and was established inconjunction with the efforts of Indonesian government to assist cancerpatients through promoting awareness, early detection, public andprofessional education, research and other assistance to reduce theirsufferings.
Presently the Foundation's main priorities cover ten types of cancer : Cervical CancerBreast Cancer Liver Cancer Skin Cancer Colorectal CancerMalignant TrophoblastNasopharyngeal Cancer Lung Cancer Leukemia Malignant Lymphoma Why all these? This year, I have finally committed myself to participate in RACE 10K run (believe me, I will be struggling, but I CAN DO IT) (http://www.jakartarace.org/)! I have been contemplating for a couple of years already, but with alittle kick in the head and the thought of helping our fellow humanbeings, I decided that 2008 is the year :)
You will be my biggest motivator every step of the way. Iencourage you to give some support and catapult me all the way to theFINISH line by participating without having to drag yourself out of bedor pull your old sneakers out of the basement (although you are morethan welcome to run with me if you want to!). Even the littlest contribution counts. Please fill out the form attached and email itback to me at your earliest convenience, but please do so before 10August 2008. All proceeds will benefit cancer sufferers, especiallythe 10 types of cancers listed above.
All you need to do are these 3 steps: 1. Fill out the form attached 2. Transfer your support
3. Email/fax the form and transfer receipt back to me
I will collect all the contributions and transfer it directly into ICFaccount. You will then receive a donation receipt from ICF directly. I will also share the information on how much we all accumulate fromthis humble effort of fund raising.
You will be in my thoughts on the way to FINISH line. Thank you again for your most appreciated participation to support fellow human beings that are less fortunate than we are.

Cheers,
Vanessa

Comments

Popular Posts