TM = cheap investment

JTC-ers,

Two months ago I spent around Rp. 350,000 to a stuff I don’t even need: A set of jacket and pants. Up to now I have not been wearing it. The pair of pants is too small; I need to lose weight to be able to wear it. And the jacket’s sleeves are too long. I just don’t get it why it is soooo easy for me to get tempted into something so consumptive like this. I regretted it. This was not investment; it is such a waste (sigh!)
On the other hand, when it comes to buy books, health product, and trainings (include toastmastering) , I always tend to hesitate to open my wallet.
Now that my mind is clear, I can think better. The money I wasted for the jacket and pants I never used had taught me something. The stuffs I always hesitate to spent money for are the real investment. Books will open up the world for my small brain. Health product will keep me physically happy and healthy. Training is the gym for my brain.. And of course toastmasters will keep my communication and leadership ability growing, as well as my network of friends.
All it takes is Rp. 300,000 per six month for 24 sessions, which makes it Rp. 12,500 per session. How cheap! Yet the return on investment is surprisingly great! Support from friends, mentoring, International system, a gentle push to go beyond the boundary, enjoyable session, fun, great laugh. And most of all, I get friends from different walk of life. This is my investment…
“Yeah, but what about Rp. 30,000 entrance, it’s expensive” the devil advocate in my mind teased me. Not to mention the transport to and from that place. “Shhh… Imung when you think everything with money as measurement, your life will be miserable, you know… “said the angel side.
It reminded me of what Suze Ormond said every time at the end of her show at CNBC: “When it comes to money – always remember – people first, then everything else…”
Now I hope all of you agree with me. Toastmastering is one of the best investments you could make, and cheap, cheap. Go ahead, re-new your membership. Contact Edwin the JTC treasurer: 0812-9108-950
or if you need me to help you with better reasons why you should invest in toastmaster, just call me up: 0813-1401-6936

Imung Hikmah,CTM/CL
Vice President Education 2006-2007

Comments

Popular Posts