Attendees : 29 Members – 21 Guests
Word Of The Day: Ownership
Opening Remarks: M. F. Akbar Datau, CC
Toasmasters Of The Meeting: TM Lunardi Ramli
General Evaluator: TM Kartika Pratiwi
Grammarian: TM Abdul Manap Pulungan
Timer: TM Melva Sandra
Ah/Wod Counter: TM Jannie Fahdiana
Ballot Counter: TM Monik Devianawati
Prepared Speech Session
1. Basic Manual # 3: Get to the point
Speaker: TM Martha Trisan
Speech Title: "Tax Amnesty”
TM Martha talked about the Tax Amnesty recently implemented in Indonesia. She talked about its purpose, for building Indonesia’s infrastructure, its effects, the differing rates, and the calculation. She also talked about why we should report our assets and join the Tax Amnesty program, as in 2018, the audience would no longer be able to hide their assets. She talked about the facilities available and how we can get more information on the program. TM Martha concluded encouraging us to join the amnesty program and build the country as a good citizen.
Evaluated By: M. F. Akbar Datau, CC
2. Basic Manual # 4: How to say it
Speaker: TM Roro Wide
Speech Title: "Saman Dance”
TM Roro has experienced performing the magical and beyond surreal saman dance. She believed dancing the saman dance helps cultural exposure and communication with people of differing nationalities.It also helps her be more religious as she connected with the lyrics emotionally. TM Roro concluded with her 3 learnings from dancing the Saman Dance; the beauty of the dance, the communication and cultural exchange, and the religious experience.
Evaluated By: Richie Jimmy Walia, ACS, ALB
Edu Speech Session
Speaker: TM Reza Rizky Pratama
Speech Title: “Meeting roles and responsibilities”
A quality meeting is a meeting where the members would get the most benefit from. This is created through teamwork from the role takers in the meeting. The roles in a meeting are as follow:
- Toastmaster of the Meeting (TOM) : Chairman, contact and introduce speakers, be the MC, speak in front of people and connect with people.
- Table Topics Meeting (TTM) : Call the speaker for table topics 1 to 2 mins impromptu speech that’s open to all. The TTM would give simple questions to be answered immediately. TTM must have creative thinking and ask the right question to right person. They should start the session by asking the members first to give an example to guests.
- Speaker : Speakers deliver their own communication project to learn about the project and help other members who attend to listen, evaluate and have them gain new knowledge, delivered in fun way
- General Evaluator : Chairman of the evaluation team,connect and communicate with the team, evaluates the whole meeting, learns critical thinking and supportive evaluation
- Speech evaluator : After speakers gave their speeches, the evaluators would give a written evaluation to be directly given with details on their project and an oral evaluation so attendees can learn how to improve and be better speakers as well.
- Timer : Make sure meeting is on time, has to be aware of time, focus on task, listen well, and time management
- Grammarian : Since english is not our main language for most of us, we often make mistakes and grammarians help the audience on grammars. The grammarians themselves also learn grammar, listening skill, and giving a constructive feedback.
- Ah & WOD Counter : Count unnecessary words in speech which may disturb the speech flow, points them out and help the speakers and audience eliminate them. Word of the Day helps improve our vocabulary
- Ballot counter : counts the votes in the meeting, must have integrity to crown the best speakers of the day
The Executive Committee also aids the creation of a quality meeting. TM Reza concluded his edu speech by encouraging the audience to be a role taker and contribute as part of the team to put a quality meeting, since working together is a success.
Table Topic Session
The table topic session was led by TM Maria Yulianti Sinaga.
Hall of Fame
Congratulations to the winners:
Best Speaker: TM Roro Wide
Best Table Topics Speaker : Benazir Syahril, ACB, ALB
Best Evaluator: Richie Jimmy Walia, ACS, ALB
Club Treasurer, TM Magdalena Sihotang, reminds all the JTC member to pay their renewal fee for October ‘16 to March ’17 before 15 September 2016.
We would like to thank all the members and guests who have come. We would also like to give special appreciation and gratitude to the TOM And GE, who have successfully prepare the meeting and assign meeting roles to members and also to all the speakers and role takers for helping to run the meeting smoothly.
TM Cindy Gamal
Jakarta Toastmasters Club 2016-2017