A Friendly Reminder about Semi-annual dues

Dear Fellow Toastmasters,

As our dear speech Contest Chairman Matthew Price said that the contest are coming soon. So have you decided your role yet? I know I haven’t, so don’t follow me guys.

But one thing I am sure about it is that you need to be a member in good standing status in order to join as a Contestant.
Now, back then I’m a little confuse what is the meaning of the term good standing? Does it mean we must stand in some goods when we deliver speech?
So I start to surf the net to get the meaning of good standing. And look what I found :
Status of a firm (or member of an organization) which is current with the payment of statutory dues and filing of required periodical reports.
Aha! so that’s the meaning, and I believe within less than 1 month we will have our semi annual dues to be paid for ( to be exact 15 March 09 ). Paying our dues is our chance to retain our good standing membership status.

Since Toastmasters is an International Organization and membership dues are calculated based on US Dollar. I'd like to take this opportunity to announce about some changes of membership dues which has to be adapted according to the current US Dollar exchange rate.
Initial Fee :
This fee is what you pay once for a life time (like your marriage vow). So once you become Toastmaster you will always be a Toastmaster. For those who are already JTC members, this announcement will have very little impact on you. Just make sure that if you ask your friend to join Toastmasters, your friend will be charged :
Initial Fee : Rp. 250.000 (for a life time)
Semi Annual Dues
This is the fee that member pay for monthly basis but charged periodically twice within one year ( within 6 months period). This fee will be send to Toastmasters International (TI), so the organization can and will operate smoothly, and send us the Toastmasters Magazine every month.
Toastmaster Dues in monthly Basis is Rp. 60.000,- / month
BUT…
If you paid for a total lump sum of 6 months we will give you Rp. 10.000,- cash back. In other words you only need to pay Rp. 350.000,- if you pay for the total 6 month semi dues. Very competitive rate, right guys?

I know that the Toastmasters magic story starts when you joining and keep growing and improving in the Club. The magic story happen to our DTM, to our ALB, to our ACS, but mostly it happen to you as long as you support it.

So say it aloud with me fellow Toastmaster, say:
“ I Do… “
“ I do support myself to keep grow and improve in toastmaster”
“ I do support the toastmaster learning environment”
“ I do support Jakarta Toastmaster Club”
after that, you may pay to the Treasurer

Cheers comerade,
Ivan Nurhadijaya
Club Treasurer

Comments

Popular Posts